Other  
    Server Rules
    Feedback
    NukeSentinel
    334th H.Q.
    Encyclopedia
http://334theaglesquadron.com :: View topic - Possible IL-2 CoD Killer
Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Edit your profile Log in
   http://334theaglesquadron.com Forum Index -> IL2 Cliffs of Dover -> Possible IL-2 CoD Killer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
334th_Toshizo
1LT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Possible IL-2 CoD Killer Reply with quote

http://gaijinent.com/en/games/world_of_planes/
334th_Javelin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible IL-2 CoD Killer Reply with quote

Looks decent...

Seems like Oleg took what could have been his "Finest Hour" and turned us all or at least those that bought or pre-ordered the game into beta testers.  All whilst paying his team to fix the bugs.  The FPS problems with this game seem to be the biggest issues and not the only ones.  Even on the best system today this games has been confirmed as crap so far. In addition, its not 100% related to the anti-epilepsy settings... it seems its in the engine.

I for one am not going to let Oleg use my money to fix his game.  Let me know when its fixed, I'll get my copy then.  :)

Note:  I do not own this game yet, but have spent some time reading all the posts from those that do.

Side Note:  How is it legal to charge for a non-working game which show tons of pristine clips in ads and marketing?  Isn't this false advertising?  Seems like a trend nowadays to release alpha level software and let the users pay to fix it.  Man I wish I was this country's Video Game Czar.

Javelin
334th_Toshizo
1LT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible IL-2 CoD Killer Reply with quote

i dont mind it since im used to it but i have alot of hope for this new game they are saying that the fms and overall feel of this game will be realistic
334th_WojciechG
CPT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Possible IL-2 CoD Killer Reply with quote

I just bought and installed the game. I have very poor frame rate, well below playability despite my system being above required specs. ( Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4 GHz, 8Gb of RAM and GeForce 480 graphic card on Win7x64 ) Strangely it is not any better regardless of the quality settings. Anti epilepsy filter is a video setting option, install has it on as default and I immediately disabled this function. Maybe the complexity of the game is beyond current hardware abilities or there were some other things behind the stage that caused the release to be so rough. My experience is no better that anybody's else posting on various forums. I am only hoping it it will be soon fixed. At this moment I have an old game that suffers from poor frame rate, lag and a new game that is unplayable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://334theaglesquadron.com Forum Index -> IL2 Cliffs of Dover Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: